American Truck Simulator wish list

Daramin

Trucking Guru
Feb 23, 2014
British Columbia
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Western Star
Before we wish, we should really be realistic here. I mean can SCS really make all these things happen?Absolutely not, but keep in mind that they aren't exactly Rockstar Games with HQ's around the world or Treyarch, Activision. I'm just stating a fact, and since this is a wishlist-GO CRAZY!

Alan5267

Expert
Sep 27, 2014
Queensland, Australia
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Kenworth
a 50's DLC would be cool, you buy the DLC for 20$ and whenever you launch the game you have 2 modes, 50's and 60's mode or standard, and instead of all the new trucks and the modern american cities, it all gets replaced by Kenworth Bullnoses, Peterbilt 281's, Mack B series, Kenworth Shovel Nose etc.

Also the little american rural towns and the drive in movie theaters would be nice to drive around in.

Reactions: Ilias

antrax737

Seasoned Trucker
Feb 1, 2015
Favorite Truck
Renault
Maybe the occasional load that requires a convoy just to deliver more product in a quicker manner.And now that people are mentioning Canada, Mexico, and Alaska its not American Truck Simulator; its now North American Truck Simulator.
They will add Canada and South America, Boss of SCS said this in interview with Squirrel, go listen to it ;)

antrax737

Seasoned Trucker
Feb 1, 2015
Favorite Truck
Renault
1. Less wide roads (more reality) motorways only a bit but normal 2 lane roads should be way less wide, they are airport runway at the moement

2. Realistic economy (i dont need 1mil+ to have fun) less money per delivered trailer, more money to pay for reapir, for speeding, force us to drive by rules not like now, i just dont care, i can be doing 50 in city or 140 whats the difference, 500€ I MIGHT loose but when having 1mil+, 500€ is nothing) (challenge+realism)

3. Make it more challenging (economy realistic would do that)

4. Make us able to buy trailer and then choose loading/unloading place, what type of cargo we haul and how much weight we haul (more realistic- there are contracts companies win, where from/to they will drive, what will they drive) + i hate to drive to some cities in ETS2, if i'm a boss of my own company i should be able to choose the best for myself. (half of the wish u can copy/paste from Long Haul)(It would make leading convoy in MP way easier, everybody would take the same trailer, to the same destination)(one more good thing, you know when you feel tired and you would like to do one 500km haul to relax and you just dont find the trailer?? Well, problem solved, I normally have only 1000km+ ones and sometimes i just quit the game till next day)

5. Make consumption more realistic so people would think twice before buying 730/750hp truck, and award players who drive trucks under 580hp (this will help to get on roads weaker trucks, so more realistic then Scania or Volvo every second truck I see in MP) (realism)

6. For breaking rules too much we should get points and when we have enough of them we loose driving license (that would force everybody to drive a bit slower- would also solve the problem in MP of speeding drivers, doing 90 in city and crashing in another guy) but if we get points we should loose them by driving nicely, not all at once, but slowly. (would add challenge to the game too). (challenge+half of realism)

7. Make seasons- winter summer etc. and in winter roads should be slipery. (challenge+realism)

8. Make chains for truck for driving uphill on snowy road, and if driver would not use them they should crash or wheels would start spinning, and it would stop (challenge+realism)

9. The Qocuihalla highway in Canada, or at least The Smasher, the most famous road in Canada i think, heavy winter, many truck crashes, Jamie Davis tow company etc...

10. Double trailers.

If you add this wishes into ETS2 and ATS we will get Way More realism and challenges, game would be more fun, adictive and more people will want it. At the moment ETS2 is some how arcade game, what ever you do it cant go bad. It is not being played as Truck simulator, more like truck racing simulator.

(sry for bad english if you find anything writen wrong)

Last edited:
Reactions: Emfunksis

Menacing Scarab

The Cultured Redneck
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2014
Eatonton, Ga / Macon, Ga
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Kenworth
1. Less wide roads (more reality) motorways only a bit but normal 2 lane roads should be way less wide, they are airport runway at the moement
2. Realistic economy (i dont need 1mil+ to have fun) less money per delivered trailer, more money to pay for reapir, for speeding, force us to drive by rules not like now, i just dont care, i can be doing 50 in city or 140 whats the difference, 500€ I MIGHT loose but when having 1mil+, 500€ is nothing) (challenge+realism)
3. Make it more challenging (economy realistic would do that)
(Remember when reading this reply to point #1 that it is an ATS topic and I am an American who only knows what American roads are like)
To address point number 1 - There are quite a lot of 2 lane roads that are wide. I travel on one so frequently it isn't funny. Look up US Highway 129 between Eatonton, Ga and Gray, Ga and you will find that the road is indeed quite wide. This is a major highway in this area. Some 2 lane roads should be made to be small, but if they put in roads like they used to in the 18 WoS series then those will usually be major highways and not just random 2 lane back roads.
Interstates for the most part are quite wide, but there are exceptions to this statement.

To address points 2 and 3 - I agree that a more realistic economy would be nice, but you have to ask the question "How simmy do you want your sim?" The problem then lies in stepping outside of just how you would answer that question and considering how others will answer it.

Personally I would love much more realism. Let's have it where we need to press a button to connect the air and electrical lines and another button to raise and lower the landing gear. Let's have the need to slide your fifth wheel and trailer tandems to distribute the weight across the axles properly to make the load legal. There are quite a few more things I could say, but you get my point. I would probably have a heart attack from sheer pleasure if all of this were to be added into the game.

The problem with me wanting all of that in the game is that I represent a small part of the player base. Having those things would make the game more fun to me but could completely ruin the fun for other people. The same goes with the economy. Having a more realistic economy may make the game more fun to me or you but ruin it for others. The compromise here would be for them to give us a toggle button in the menu for these features which has happened already on a few points. The other option is to allow for modding of these things which is already a part of ETS2 and will certainly be a part of ATS.

As for things I wish for in ATS (that might come true): Make sure to have proper places for me to park my bloody truck and enough hotels/terminals/"my in-game house" to stop at and sleep if I decide I want to do short hauls and only drive a day cab. Also hood mirrors

antrax737

Seasoned Trucker
Feb 1, 2015
Favorite Truck
Renault
(Remember when reading this reply to point #1 that it is an ATS topic and I am an American who only knows what American roads are like)
To address point number 1 - There are quite a lot of 2 lane roads that are wide. I travel on one so frequently it isn't funny. Look up US Highway 129 between Eatonton, Ga and Gray, Ga...
I think it would be the best to be able to choose type of economy in games Menu, everybody would be happy. Maybe not only for economy but for some other this too. I know all the things you said but i posted only wishes, SCS already knows whats the best for community.
no offence for deleting 3/4 of your post, i dont want to use too much space on forum.

Last edited:

tmjsh86

Novist
Aug 9, 2014
South Chesterfeild, VA
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
all i wanna know is when the release date is this is driving me nuts waiting on this game oh and how much is it gonna cost, real world weather would be nice

Last edited:

antrax737

Seasoned Trucker
Feb 1, 2015
Favorite Truck
Renault
all i wanna know is when the release date is this is driving me nuts waiting on this game oh and how much is it gonna cost, real world weather would be nice
Its better not to know the date, if i would know the date i would go and have a winter sleep like a bear till that day then i would wake up and play ATS for very long time... I hope the price wont be like BF or CoD prices, but i would pay double for ATS if i would have to. European guy speaking, you americans would probably pay 4x more just to get the game :D

angrybirdseller

Engineer
Feb 20, 2014
Land of 10,000 Lakes.
a 50's DLC would be cool, you buy the DLC for 20$ and whenever you launch the game you have 2 modes, 50's and 60's mode or standard, and instead of all the new trucks and the modern american cities, it all gets replaced by Kenworth Bullnoses, Peterbilt 281's, Mack B series, Kenworth Shovel Nose etc.

Also the little american rural towns and the drive in movie theaters would be nice to drive around in.
Actually, was doing that in haulin with Arizona map, but with ATS probably do it again as California is map is perfect setup and backdate the roads and even strip out freeways and shrink Vegas to resort town size.

jboweruk

Rookie Trucker
Sep 8, 2015
Favorite Truck
Kenworth
I'd still like to go back to when you could see your own drivers on the road. :)

crazytrucker

Rookie Trucker
Sep 14, 2015
Favorite Truck
Kenworth
Not sure if this is already part of the game now but I think it would be great if you had an actual load board with the available freight and all the info for the freight. Also like said above, having real driving and on duty hours and a mandatory 10 hour break with a log book would be cool. That just adds to the realism of a game that is suppose to be a simulator. That is one of the biggest things in the industry, log books!
man its suppoused to be fun not real life but i would like classic trucks like the kenworth w900 86in studdio sleeper nice ass trucks

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
Disappointed that I don't see any Western Star trucks... truck pool looks very small thus far.
They'll likely be added as the game progresses. Likely to end up with a similar amount of trucks as ETS2 - a couple flagships from each manufacturer.