The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
TruckSim is now over 4 and a half years old... Some of you might have noticed a couple errors that we've capped our resources... We have! :p I'd say that's a good sign considering when I took over management, we had to take up a server with double the space and now we've almost outgrown that.

In order to keep this server going as long as possible, today I'm carrying out a forum clean up. As such you might see: A reduced member count as I clean up the spambots, reduced post count as I delete our entire trash bin of old posts. The big one, deleted posts and spam threads (equating to over 40 pages of posts! Alright, most of them are spammers...).

While I'm at it, I'm tinkering with some backend to make the server load and perform faster so once again, you might notice a quicker loading time and faster response of the forum overall.

With out community now being so old - I guarantee a lot of you haven't changed your passwords in a while. To keep your own security fresh, I suggest you change your passwords; I won't enforce this, some people simply don't want to, but it's not a bad idea every once in a while! :p

Cheers, here's to the future. :)

Reactions: Max

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
Too right, got my duster and everything! Cleared off about 700 old threads and just as many spambots and inactive users before this time last year :p

Max

Second In Command
Operations Manager
Jan 12, 2014
UK
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Nothing better than coming back from a long trip to a nice clean forum! :D

Reactions: Seven