SCS Blog: Volvo VNL coming to American Truck Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanialoverr

Long Hauler
Apr 1, 2014
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2018/11/volvo-vnl-coming-to-american-truck.html?m=0
It wasn't nearly as fast or simple as we initially expected, but it's coming at last. We're finally able to grow the number of trucks that are represented in American Truck Simulator!

The Volvo VNL (the previous generation for now – to prevent any misunderstanding) is the fifth truck joining the fleet of American Truck Simulator. It's a free DLC addition for every owner of the base game. If you update the game on Steam (which may or may not require a restart for some users), the game will automatically download it. It comes in variants 300, 730 and 780 with a number of other options to customize it to your needs and preferences. This is only a start; with the manufacturer now officially on board, we can all hope that the road to include their latest and greatest will not be as long and bumpy.
To whet your appetite to this long-awaited addition, we are happy to publish a video tribute to celebrate the moment, and a few screenshots, just a little taste before you get a chance to download it to your own PC :)

We know that the wait was long and difficult (especially for some of you, judging from your posts and comments). We want to express our sincere thanks to the whole of our fan community for your patience and loyalty. The vision for what American Truck Simulator - as well as Euro Truck Simulator 2 - should become eventually is grand and the way to get there is daunting. We are dealing with it one step at a time.
This year, we maximized our efforts to sign more brands for our games - and we have achieved success on several fronts. Further fruits of our discussions with the transportation industry should come in the future, so please, consider today's game update as an early treat!

David040700

Long Hauler
Jun 24, 2014
France
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Scania
Very cool !! @Max is gonna be happy :)
Now I want the new VNL from 2018... Haha !
No but for real I said to myself " 'Looks a bit old " :p It's still great news tho !

Reactions: Max

scanialoverr

Long Hauler
Apr 1, 2014
Hope next year we will get the newer VNL. Now which ETS2 truck will first; Man Euro 6 or Renault Range T?

scanialoverr

Long Hauler
Apr 1, 2014
I don't know, but they better hurry ! (why do MAN and Renault don't approve their truck ?!)
SCS needed CAD files for the MAN and they obtained them. https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/1024934256798248960
As for the Renault , Volvo owns Renault trucks and this is causing delays. However, SCS has mentioned on the blog
This year, we maximized our efforts to sign more brands for our games - and we have achieved success on several fronts.

Reactions: David040700
Status
Not open for further replies.