Not open for further replies.

Empire KickAss

Long Hauler
Nov 28, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Noice! Forgot to add, I bought a motorcycle - working on getting my A2 license in September when I turn 19. I love this machine so much!
That's an cool bike, I would love to own one myself to drive around from work and it's cheaper option then a car. only problem that I have it's going to cost like £30K to start off right? that's an motorbike, Licence, insurance and to be training by the professionals. It's all added up then road tax

Maybe 10 years time I might able to ride one

Max

Second In Command
Operations Manager
Jan 12, 2014
UK
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
only problem that I have it's going to cost like £30K to start off right?
Depends on what bike you want I suppose! Can get a reasonable bike for £5000 or less, no way the licence will cost more than £1000 w/instruction, insurance and road tax is pretty good in bikes also

Empire KickAss

Long Hauler
Nov 28, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Depends on what bike you want I suppose! Can get a reasonable bike for £5000 or less, no way the licence will cost more than £1000 w/instruction, insurance and road tax is pretty good in bikes also
So how much you reckon that people should put away for? around £8k for going around.

I like to own an nice BMW bike, like the 1600 version or 2015 model, but the price is like $30k

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
So how much you reckon that people should put away for? around £8k for going around.

I like to own an nice BMW bike, like the 1600 version or 2015 model, but the price is like $30k
Thank you, I do love the look of my bike, it's still a work in progress. I paid £700 for it, it's a 1991 with a 400cc engine. Road tax is £45 and insurance is £230 a year. For reference my car is £180 tax and £1700 insurance per year. As I'm 19, you can say that these numbers will be halved for anyone over 25 with a clean record. The CBT cost me £90 and the tests will cost just under £100, theory and practical with no training other than the CBT and road experience on my bike.

As with cars, buying new is mad expensive and the larger the engine, the higher the insurance will be. You will definitely spend most of your money on buying the bike.

Empire KickAss

Long Hauler
Nov 28, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Thank you, I do love the look of my bike, it's still a work in progress. I paid £700 for it, it's a 1991 with a 400cc engine. Road tax is £45 and insurance is £230 a year. For reference my car is £180 tax and £1700 insurance per year. As I'm 19, you can say that these numbers will be halved for anyone over 25 with a clean record. The CBT cost me £90 and the tests will cost just under £100, theory and practical with no training other than the CBT and road experience on my bike.

As with cars, buying new is mad expensive and the larger the engine, the higher the insurance will be. You will definitely spend most of your money on buying the bike.
that's pretty good amount and cheap to start off with and still get an nice good looking car. It's going to be little harder for me regarding the insurance since I only been in the UK for 3 months and I don't have any records. Yet again I don't even drive a car yet and I'm way older the 19. but for 2K that's good, but for me I spend little higher for training since I haven't been on an bike lol

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
that's pretty good amount and cheap to start off with and still get an nice good looking car. It's going to be little harder for me regarding the insurance since I only been in the UK for 3 months and I don't have any records. Yet again I don't even drive a car yet and I'm way older the 19. but for 2K that's good, but for me I spend little higher for training since I haven't been on an bike lol
Well my car experience doesn't count towards my bike insurance cost, no claims, road experience, etc. Insurance will still be cheaper for you, guaranteed as you're older, outside of the insurance company's age stereotypes - to them all 18 year olds are stupid, because of that sensible people like me and @Max pay the consequence, treated like the rest.

Empire KickAss

Long Hauler
Nov 28, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Well my car experience doesn't count towards my bike insurance cost, no claims, road experience, etc. Insurance will still be cheaper for you, guaranteed as you're older, outside of the insurance company's age stereotypes - to them all 18 year olds are stupid, because of that sensible people like me and @Max pay the consequence, treated like the rest.
That's one thing that I like about Australia that insurance are way cheaper then here, it's 50% cheaper. But then the cars and motorbikes in Australia are more expensive then UK

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
That's one thing that I like about Australia that insurance are way cheaper then here, it's 50% cheaper. But then the cars and motorbikes in Australia are more expensive then UK
Interesting! A mate of mine in Oz could afford an S13 at 18. If you don't know that's a typical Japanese drift car which you'd have to saw an arm off to afford over here!

Max

Second In Command
Operations Manager
Jan 12, 2014
UK
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Naturally, it rained less than 24 hours after cleaning the car.. Looked good for a little while though! :p

IMG_20160823_204107.jpg

Reactions: Seven

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
Commuting on this thing is so, SO much fun! 50 minute ride every morning and afternoon for the past 5 days, filtering through Harrogate traffic, yes, just yes.

Reactions: Empire KickAss

Empire KickAss

Long Hauler
Nov 28, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Commuting on this thing is so, SO much fun! 50 minute ride every morning and afternoon for the past 5 days, filtering through Harrogate traffic, yes, just yes.
So you are having so much fun then? that's good then. You might need to have rain gear on soon lol, that be damn vold and wet. Your bike looks cool other then it's not pink :p:D

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
So you are having so much fun then? that's good then. You might need to have rain gear on soon lol, that be damn vold and wet. Your bike looks cool other then it's not pink :p:D
Yeah I'm going to be buying some winter gear soon, it's already starting to get nippy. A pink bike would be hilarious to see cruising down the road! :p

Captain Zero

Engineer
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2016
Parts Unknown
Favorite Truck
LoneStar
Here is my bike ( second photo ). A 2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited. My "in the rain" ride is a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado. First photo is of some trucks I used to drive back in the day.
My avatar is me racing my RM 370 Suzuki in a local motocross race.
IMG_20160701_1626020_rewind.jpg IMG_20160714_1220311_rewind.jpg .

Last edited:

Seven

The Engineer
Operations Manager
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Peterbilt
IF that was the case, You be getting way to much likes and subs on YouTube, It's also great way to get donations to support for the goodness. Just need an sexy female to ride with you
I have no interest in making videos for likes and subs really; I did my car compilations from shows out of hobby. YouTube's pretty well established as it is. As for a sexy female to ride with me, my girlfriend rides - she has a 125 Ninja :)

Max

Second In Command
Operations Manager
Jan 12, 2014
UK
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Does this count? It's got three wheels, an engine and more gauges inside than your average truck! :p

Hoping to spend some more time and money on getting my pilots licence at the start of next year so we're done in time for the summer!

DSC_0110e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.