TruckNet Managed - Free VTC CMS

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
TruckNet Managed

TruckNet managed is a free VTC CMS software that allows you to manage, control and grow your VTC. The purpose built website will allow users to find your VTC within our business directory. You'll have access to all features no matter the plan you use with the ability to edit later on.
We offer around the clock support with the ability to fix any issues you may have with our software. We will also be offering trackers for all members of TruckNet Managed which can be linked with your versions of TruckNet and allow live plotting of movements.

Be part of the development
http://trucknet.biz

TruckNet Managed FaQ
What is TruckNet Managed?
TruckNet Managed is a VTC CMS software built for you to control, hire and track your drivers within ETS2 and other Trucking Simulation games. It is however managed and therefore you do not need to worry about the web hosting or any costs to do with the setup of TruckNet.

What is a VTC?
A VTC or Virtual Trucking Company is like a clan, you grab your ingame truck and drive with your friends. It allows for more realism as it means you have deadlines and regulations to abide by.

Why is it called TruckNet?
TruckNet, or the Trucking Network.

I've already got a copy of TruckNet, can I get my drivers integrated over?
Yes! We're happy to transfer all your drivers and your jobs to the new TruckNet system, however if you are using earlier versions of TruckNet you may notice some issues with display on the job information pages.

This thread is going to continue in constant change due to changes in development, if you want to keep track of TruckNet Managed development please see our forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Butterfly Logistics

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
TruckNet Managed Preview Images
Main page example

Manager dashboard

Pending job submission listings

VTC settings management

Example user profile

All user jobs submitted listing

Business information description page

Reactions: Speedy and 4D1L

Max

Second In Command
Operations Manager
Jan 12, 2014
UK
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Is this going to be something VTCs can install on their own servers or will it be staying on your own? Just curious :p

Reactions: KGB

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
I have released one prior to this that does allow for users to install of their own servers, however it's a bit of a **** to install, works on some doesn't on others, so I thought why not make a free hosted by me one.

Reactions: Max

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
Just thought I'd add another screenshot.
I've created a searchable directory of all the businesses to allow you to attract more users.

WorldAdidas

Expert
Jan 11, 2014
London
World of Trucks
@StuartD Does that mean you are the boss of all the VTCs that uses this kind of "program"? Because I belive you can just view every single thing inside a VTC and their jobs etc etc etc. Also maybe you can edit them too because you can get into backside of that weeebsiteee.... :eek: Just Wondering :oops:

Mod edit: Watch your language please ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
No, not at all, the business owner remains in complete control over their website and company, I'm simply allowing them to use TruckNet Managed to log their routes. There will be things the CEO would need to follow when the register their company however it would be general protection things for the system. I would in no way begin to edit or change users information or business information through TruckNet as that would just defeat the objective of the logging system. In the essence of user protection passwords and other important information is salted and hashed to ensure protection.

WorldAdidas

Expert
Jan 11, 2014
London
World of Trucks
Well, Only you know that; But how can us as the users of that program or a website could trust that you won't? :D Never know when you get annoyed you can decide to shut the whole system down and then what would the VTC owners do? Have fish and chips? ROFL

Mod edit: Watch your language please..

Last edited by a moderator:

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
Well it's just if they think they can trust me, also it wouldn't be very professional on my behalf if I just started deleting users of competition imo. Also if at any point I'd decide to close TruckNet Managed, I'd have an export system available for users and businesses to take what they have done and more to their own system or just keep it for later.

Max

Second In Command
Operations Manager
Jan 12, 2014
UK
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
OK @WorldAdidas & @StuartD - I appreciate you've had issues with each other in other places before but it would be appreciated if it wasn't bought over to here, if it continues then the thread will be locked.

WorldAdidas

Expert
Jan 11, 2014
London
World of Trucks
HEEY.... How can you say we have issues between ourselfs. ohman that's not true...I was just speaking my mind....not having any problems with that i hope....
Next time dont judge book by it's cover Mr.Max ;)

Edit: I am sure every VTC has right to know the high end possibility with this website after all they are depending on that particular thing. SOOOO....

Philip

Engineer
Oct 12, 2014
Ireland
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Whats the current status of the project ?

Can you give me an insight into the frontend/backend frameworks you are using ?
I may be interested in helping out on this, depending on the technologies you are using.

If you are looking for some part-time help, shoot me a PM.

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
@Philip, I'm currently not really using a framework, I'm researching and enhancing my knowledge of Codeigniter to start however I will probably not be using it for this project, I'd much rather create stuff of my own so I know what stuff is and how it works.

With regards to you wanting to help out with the project, I'll let you know, I've sorta stopped development for the time being so I'll hit you up when it starts again.

Philip

Engineer
Oct 12, 2014
Ireland
World of Trucks
Favorite Truck
Volvo
Cool, I know Codeigniter inside-out, its a great framework if you are new to MVC.

Don't be afraid to use frameworks, they handle most of the boilerplate stuff. Its always good to learn without frameworks like you are doing.

Its also a good idea to read the source code.

Hyperion Logistics

Seasoned Trucker
Dec 28, 2014
Favorite Truck
Scania
@StuartD Im curious how it is free and where we can access this from... Looking very nice thought might i say so. Just wondering when this may be coming out as im very interested in systems like this. Especially managed ones i understand some CMS can be b*** to install

StuartD

Trucking Enthusiast
May 31, 2014
World of Trucks
@StuartD Im curious how it is free and where we can access this from... Looking very nice thought might i say so. Just wondering when this may be coming out as im very interested in systems like this. Especially managed ones i understand some CMS can be b*** to install
Thanks for your interest, I have recently started development again and have done a complete overhaul of the entire system, giving it a brand new look etc. You're welcome to take a look at any time however the system is a little way from release so not everything will work.